Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trees - Squared




The first image may be a bit difficult to decipher, although I feel that the mood of the moment is well represented. The late evening sunlight was filtering through the branches of my neighbors tree and I knew that a straight photograph wasn't going to cut it. I used a very small aperture to increase my exposure to as long as possible and panned the camera down as I pressed the shutter.

The second image is far easier to interpret but really took a fair bit of effort to realize. I played with different focal lengths and apertures to have the in-focus and out-of-focus areas occur just right and also the be able to place the different background colours in just the right spots to enhance the leaves. This all sounds so complicated, but after many years of practice it is almost as if I don't think about it at the time of exposure.
[Olympus E-1, 50-200mm]

No comments:

Copyright

All images copyright Collin Orthner (c) 2007-2009 All Rights Reserved