Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trees 6


Staying with the theme of trees - again, I have this image I made back in January in Calgary along the Bow River. Carburn Park is a wonderful place for a hike any time of year and lucky for me, it's close to my brother's place, so virtually every time we're there for a visit, time is taken for a stroll in the park. Our family had been together for New Year's celebrations this past year in Calgary and my brother-in-law Dave and myself went for a walk and discovered this gorgeous cottonwood growing only a few metres from the river. All I had with me was a little digital point and shoot which actually did a pretty decent job. We did go back down and I hauled the 8x10 camera down and set up a shot, but unfortunately it's still a bit new to me and I didn't allow a small enough aperture to cover the depth of field required for the image. next time I'm down there you can bet I'll be re-shooting this image on a rather large piece of film! I made the image in colour and converted it in Photoshop to a B&W. The quite like the colour image but feel the forms presented work better in B&W.

This second image is another one from the same day which is very representative of Carburn Park and lets you know what you can expect to see there, in winter at least.

[Panasonic LX-2]


No comments:

Copyright

All images copyright Collin Orthner (c) 2007-2009 All Rights Reserved