Thursday, October 18, 2007

Autumn Too


The day before the big wind and we still had a fair bit of colour as you can see. One day later it and it looks like the end of November. I caught the sun just breaking through the tops of the trees as it lit up the yellows in the background. I literally had time for two images and it was all changed. My plan was to explore this scene for a bit with the digital and see if I could find a composition worth setting the whole rig up for. I searched alright for two quick snaps and that was it. I'm still quite pleased with this image as it feels really complex and yet has some order to it - just the way I see. Remember you can click on the image to enlarge it - there is quite a bit of nice detail and colour contrasts that show up when this image is enlarged. I especially love the way the bottom of the foreground tree trunks, being in the shade, are reflecting the pure blue sky from above, while the tops are warm from the rising sun.
[Fuji Finepix F50]

No comments:

Copyright

All images copyright Collin Orthner (c) 2007-2009 All Rights Reserved