Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sunset HD Video Stills










Last weekend we were up at my in-laws place just north of Spruce Grove, Alberta. I decided to take along a small HD Camcorder to put together a few images that I might have shot as still images to see if they might make a nice film clip. I pulled a few images as stills from the video that show the story of the sunset on Saturday evening over a period of half an hour. Of course I know virtually nothing about video editing and will try my hand at it once I figure out how to make it work and post a clip hopefully with some music to go with it in the future.
[Canon HG10]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really Collin, Video Stills, kind of a paradox don't you think! I love your enthusiasm to get out and shoot. When they come out with a video camera with 14 megapixel hi res stills then I will join you in the paradox.
Today is April 5 in Edmonton, it looks like Christmas time....hey Christmas in April....maybe a good show title for the next exhibition....
Oh well gotta put away the lawnmower and get out the snowblower....I guess I was an optimist.
Regards
Michael Chesworth
www.chesworth.ca

Collin Orthner said...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for bringing up the snow!! It just started here now. Thankfully it isn't the end of October and the prospect of having these flakes turn into drifts that last another 6 months is a non-issue.

As for the 12MB stills from video. have a read at the following link. It isn't as far away as you might think or wish.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/red-raw.shtml

Copyright

All images copyright Collin Orthner (c) 2007-2009 All Rights Reserved