Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thunderstorm Warning


Red Deer had a fairly decent light show last night. Unfortunately, because it was a cluster of storms and not just a single cell, which makes it virtually impossible to predict any pattern to where the lightning could come from, I didn't feel safe getting out of my vehicle to set up my tripod. It was also raining and seeing how my camera doesn't like rain very much I felt it best that it stayed in the vehicle with me. So I made hand held images. I didn't worry about blurring anything as it was dark out and the flash of lightning is so fast it freezes my motion just like an on camera flash would. This was one of the better images I got from just east of Red Deer.
[Canon 5D, 50mm]

No comments:

Copyright

All images copyright Collin Orthner (c) 2007-2009 All Rights Reserved